CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Sleeping Beauties


As hard as it is to believe, Ashlyn has been perfectly content to sleep in her crib. She has never tried to climb out even though her little friend Marcus tried his best to show her how. =) I have been perfectly happy to let her continue to sleep in it since it was a hard transition for Whitney and Gavin to make. Alright, hard on me due to toddlers who wouldn't stay in bed and kept me awake all night long. Of course, they were both a lot younger than her and started trying to climb out around 1 year old. I started thinking that with the baby due in a few months I should probably get her out of the crib. She is already lukewarm at best concerning the whole new baby idea. I hopefully told myself since she is 3 years old we might just skip past that whole not wanting to stay in bed phase. The first night was a dream come true! She went right to bed and stayed there all night long! The second night was a nightmare. Starting around 2:00 am she was wandering the hall and making visits to everyone in the family. The third night I put a door knob cover on the inside of her bedroom door and turned off the overhead light fixture, which she wasn't too happy about. The fourth night when I put her to bed she said "leave my door open", yeah right. She still likes to get up in the nights at times and play. Resulting in anything from a little tired to an exhausted Ashlyn during the days. Gradually though things are improving.


But this whole big girl bed has resulted in one happy side effect. One of Chris's most "favorite things in the world" is for the kids to fall asleep on him while he watches TV on the sofa. He has often complained because Ashlyn would almost never go to sleep on him even when she was tiny. Suddenly, she has been falling asleep on him and he his thrilled!!! I haven't had the heart to point out the obvious connection to him that she is just so exhausted from partying at night that she can hardly keep her eyes open as evening rolls around. I have even found her passed out at times around the house, which is not her. She has always been one of those kids that needs to be in her own bed to sleep.

5 comments:

Joe*Nikki

Oh, I love that picture, it's so sweet.

The Patty Cake House

So - so cute!!

The Fisher's

Awww...I hope Harlee transitions well (I know it's a ways off). Logan only got up until we put the knob cover on - now he stays in bed until I get him in the morning :) Lucky me!!! She is such a sweetie, and I can't imagine that Marcus would EVER have tried to teach her to crawl out :)

Windy

That's so such a sweet picture. Scott is just like Chris with wanting the kids to sleep on him. Cute!

Kaysha Alesa

Heather! I went private on my blog and would love to add you as a reader. Send me your email kaysha_3@hotmail.com