CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Whitney!!!

The birthday girl enjoying her requested breakfast, cake and bacon!

It was another beautiful day in paradise when Whitney Michele Weaver made her arrival on January 8, 1999 in Honolulu, Hawaii. She was 8 days past her due date of December 31st. She weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. was 21" long and had a full head of black hair. She was very alert and strong. Right away she started trying to hold her head up. She and Chris had their first battle of wills right away. Chris was insistent that she wear a hat at all times she did not want to wear the hat. As soon as he would put it back on she would start moving her head back and forth against the mattress until she had wriggled it off.


Whitney started out life full throttle and has yet to slow down! She started walking at 8 months, insisted on feeding herself and started talking. By the time she was 2 1/2 she was asking me to ride the bus and go to school. She has always had such drive and motivation to learn and be the best she can. Right from the start she had definite ideas about things. When she sets her mind to something there is no stopping her!


It is mind boggling for me to think we have had the privilege of being her parents for 10 years now and in only 8 more years she will be going out into the world and our job will be done in many ways. When I was pregnant with her people were always saying things like "just enjoy every minute, they grow up so fast". I started to get pretty annoyed with that comment and think if one more person says that to me, I will scream. It wasn't long before I started to understand what they meant. It really does go by so quickly! Thank you Whitney for being my little girl, for teaching me so much, inspiring me and bringing me more joy than I knew was possible. You are truly one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

7 comments:

Brett and Diane

Happy Birthday Whitney!

The Patty Cake House

Happy Birthday Whitney - AWESOME breakfast!!!!

The Phipps

Cake and Bacon WOW what a great breakfast!! Happy Birthday!!!

Carissa

Cake and bacon??? Sounds good to me. She probably gets this all the time but her glasses are SO CUTE on her!

Pepple

Cake and bacon for breakfast? I am so there! Yum!! I hope she is having a wonderful birthday. What are the big party plans? I think you are the only other person I have met that shares my love for birthday parties!

Susieq

Happy Birthday Whitney! I didn't get online yesterday. I hope you got your birthday card. I can remember the day your Daddy called to tell me you were here. He was soo excited. And I also remember the day you three got off the plane in SLC and I got to hold you for the first time. You were about 5 months old. I love you!

Mary

Whitney--my kids want to know how you pulled that breakfast off. They think we should start a new tradition...

Megan walked at 8 months too, and we didn't get her until she was 3 months old. I don't remember her really being a baby, baby. She was in a big hurry to grow up!