CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

6th Grade Promotion


Whitney is officially done with elementary school. They were not allowed to call it graduation instead it was called Promotion Celebration.  The kids were all super excited and giddy!  I didn't think I would be that emotional but I was.  Had to keep fighting the tears.  I really shouldn't have been surprised since I am a big cry baby. She is growing up and it is bittersweet.  Nothing would do but that she have a new dress and her eyebrows groomed at the Asian eyebrow threading place.  I'm gonna go broke keeping this girl's eyebrows tamed and under control. 


Whitney reading her essay. Each  6th grade teacher selected two students to read essays they had written about their memories of Quail Run.   


Here she is receiving her President's Award for Educational Excellence.  They had gold and silver.  She received the gold. It came with a pin and a letter from President Obama.  She also received a citizenship award which the principal said we parents should consider our award.  I am so very proud of this young lady. 


Whitney & Tori


Whitney, Czarina, Maya & Ayla

The kids had voted on Most Likely to...Whitney was one of 3 female nominees for most likely to become president and most likely to become a professional athlete. 

2 comments:

Mary

Congratulations to Whitney (and to her parents!). Middle school, here she comes!

Pepple

I can't believe how grown up she looks! Whitney is so beautiful. Congrats on the promotion!