CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Snow Day

This past Sunday, February 27th, we woke up to snow!!! Tucson has been having record breaking lows this winter. People's pipes have frozen and they have had shelters open at times because some people don't even have heating systems. My kids don't even own coats. Today the high was 78 degrees. When it gets below 60 degrees I break out my flannel jammies. Snow covered cacti is just plain weird!

This shot was taken in Tucson after a lot of snow had already melted.


We drove about 20 miles north towards the mountains to Oracle, Arizona where there was probably around 7 inches of snow. The kids had a blast playing in the snow even though they did not have snow boots or proper snow gear. I for one hate to be cold. They were all wet but we still had to drag them away.


Snow covered cacti?!? Craziness!

I think Gavin was the most excited about the snow. He refused to keep his hood or hat on, driving me wild.

Landon eating some snow. Yummy!


Someone else put in all the hard work of making this snowman we just took advantage of the photo op.


Poor Landon was sick and not feeling his best. Really this was Ashlyn's and Landon's first time playing in snow.


Snow Angels!


Awhile back I made the mistake of watching America's Next Top Model while Ashlyn was in the room. She was mesmerized! This was months ago but she still has spells where she likes me to take photos of her while she does her top model poses. The middle pic is my favorite of the day.
We had quite the battle over her pants. I put her in boot cut jeans so she could wear pajama pants underneath. She has only wanted to wear skinny jeans for some time now. She kept sobbing and telling me that these pants were not her style!