CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bike Rodeo

On February 26th our pack went to a bike rodeo at the Double V Scout Ranch. It started at 9:00 am and we had a bit of a drive so we met up at 8:00 to hit the road.

As you can tell by my hair it was a windy day! It was also overcast and a little cold for Tucson but thankfully no rain. I finally got a scouting shirt and broke it in that day. Since I am the bear den leader and Gavin is a bear, I have been teasing Gavin that he is to call me Mama Bear at all scouting functions and I will call him Bear Cub. He is not a fan of this idea though. Ashlyn says she will call me Mama Bear though and I can call her Baby Bear. :)



All my cubbies, ready to go!
Back row, left to right: Andrew, Adam, Jack, Jace, Gavin and Kobe
Front row: Quaid and Trei



The BB range was open and the boys had to impatiently wait for 30 minutes for their turn. It was pretty funny/sad as they all just stood their staring longingly at the boys shooting ahead of them. Their were many remarks like, "when will it be our turn?" and "why is it taking how so long?" and "how long has it been now?" The gentlemen in charge of the range then had to give them a lecture on the rules. He stressed the fact that they should NOT run to the guns but WALK. There was no running but I think some speed walking records just might have been set.

Look at that pitiful face! Gavin's gun ran out of ammo and had to be reloaded in the middle of his groups shooting time.

Andrew, Quaid, Gavin and Adam with their targets.

The archery range was also a big hit with the boys.


Gavin almost hit the bulls eye.

Jace and Gavin coming in from a bike trail. I was so proud of our boys! They were very well behaved and looked out for one another. By the end of the day we had some pretty worn out cub scouts.

1 comments:

The Patty Cake House

Very cute!!!! You make the Cub Scout shirt look good..... and that is very hard to do!!!!