CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Day in the Country

On July 5th we were invited to come out to the Layton family's property in Willcox, Arizona. The Layton family showed us a great time! We enjoyed a BBQ and wagon rides. Our city kids were loving life! They had several mules that Whitney and Ashlyn both loved. Whitney has now added a mule to her pet wish list.
Look at those five little piggies! Joni's brothers made a giant mud pit. Chris threw Gavin and Whitney in the pit. I never know what Ashlyn will do but she decided to join the fun. They romped in the mud for a long time. Some people pay big money to have a mud bath!

Come on in!!! The mud feels great!!!

Joni took Wit for a ride on an ATV. She even gave her driving lessons.
Gavin was torn between his desire to go for a ride with Melody and the knowledge that Chris would tease him unmercifully if he did so. He decided to take the teasing.

Joni's Mom was worried that the day might be a little too redneck for us. One of the first things I told her was that I had a cattle trough/swimming pool when I was a kid. I hope I put her fears to rest.

4 comments:

Elizabeth

What a fun day. I wouldn't mind trying a mud bath myself. You guys have some of the neatest experiences.

Susieq

You and Chris put on a good show. But you're both rednecks at heart. Ok, so maybe you are. LOL It looks like you had a wonderfully fun day.

Jenny Kuhni

that pic of Ashlyn in the mud makes me smile so much! :)

Mary

Catching up on the blog world...too much out of town this past month, but it was so much better to be with your family in person. The day in the country sounds about like a day in Juniper (and we had the cattle trough pool also). :-) Thanks so much for taking Joie for a few days! I love that she has been able to spend so much time with everyone, and she loved hanging out with Whitney.