CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 31, 2012

Bunk Buddies

 
 
Once when Gavin was around 4 years old he asked me if I knew why he couldn't wait to be a grown up.  I was expecting him to say something along the lines of because then I'll do whatever I want.  I was completely off base though.  He said, "because then I will always have someone to sleep with me." How could my heart not melt at that moment? 
 
Little did we know that Gavin would not have to wait until adulthood for his wish to come true.  When Landon moved out of his crib it wasn't long before he started sneaking into Gavin's bed.  Gavin tried to act like he was annoyed but we all knew otherwise.  On school nights when Landon would still be awake but Gavin had to go to bed?  Gavin was known to pointedly say, "I'm going to bed now Landon." Or not so subtly enticing him with promises of reading Landon's favorite books. 
 
Landon is a bit like Goldilocks.  I'm never quite sure whose bed I will find him in but most often it's Gavin's bed. One of the best parts of the day is seeing what positions they are in when I go in to wake Gavin up for school. 


0 comments: