CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Lost Tooth For Ashlyn



Typically most kids loose their first tooth in kindergarten.  All year long Ashlyn had been waiting (impatiently) to loose her first tooth and make it onto the loose tooth chart at school.  Ashlyn got her teeth very late so I knew she would be late loosing them.  She had tried sawing at her gums with dental floss picks until they were bleeding to try and loose a tooth.  We had several cases of wishful thinking where she convinced herself her tooth was loose.  There was much gnashing of teeth over when was she going to loose one. Reports on who had recently lost a tooth.  And extreme envy of those who had lost multiple teeth. So on May 21, 2012 when she said her tooth was loose I did not even check. 

I was surprised when the very next day she came home from school with a missing tooth!  With only two more days of school left she was cutting it close for making that chart!  I figured she had been wiggling that tooth all day long.  When I asked her if she had been wiggling it she said, "I wiggled it all day long!"  This was quite the turn around after Whitney and Gavin who could literally have a tooth dangling by a thread and refuse to pull it out.  I was happy for her sake that she got to loose one during kindergarten.

0 comments: