CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 14, 2008

At long last...

I started this little project back in August and it is just now finally finished. Hallelujah!!!! We got this table second hand from an older couple when Chris was in flight school. They said they'd bought it in the 50's but had to downsize because they were moving to a retirement village. We were down to only 2 of the original chairs and it was in need of an update. But the table itself is really nice wood and well made so I decided I wanted to paint it and get some new chairs. Chris wasn't too keen on the idea. I'm not sure what came over me because I am not crafty and usually a total chicken about taking on projects like this. Many thanks to Emilie who had to hold my hand every step of the way and helped me paint it in the hot garage. You're the best! Also, thanks to Chris for lacquering it after I got pregnant. He wasn't too happy about that but was too worried the baby would come out "with an arm on its forehead" if I did it myself. Though he did take his own sweet time to do it, as his way of punishing me. He is a vindictive little soul. =)

8 comments:

The Patty Cake House

YAY!!! It looks so great!! I can't believe we started that in August. YIKES!!!

~The Dippold's

Love it!! It looks so good!! The time was worth it! :)

The Phipps

That looks really good! I hope that i can do that good on my kitchen island!

Joe*Nikki

LOVE IT!!

Mindy

It looks really good! Emilie has had to hold my hand through some projects as well, I am glad I am not the only one :)

Rachel

You are a crafty one aren't you?! I really like it...I wish I had enough guts to paint my furniture black I love the way it looks, I'm always afraid I'll ruin it because my visions and the actual outcomes are usually 2 very different things. and Congrats on being pregnant! That is awesome...I can't believe you're getting so much "feedback" on being pregnant with #4. Whatever you guys are great parents and have 3 awesome kids already and when the 4th is just as fabulous everyone will shut-up :)

Kattelman Krew

It seriously looks so classy! timeless. I'm so jealous, once I get home I'm going to paint my kitchen table black too!

Pepple

You did a great job, I love it!!